The Voicebox is your quick and easy way to get on Red Kite Radio.
Use the Voicebox to publicise an event or charity, tell people your club news, advertise a fete, report a lost pet or air your views.
The Voicebox uses the built in microphone on your PC, Mac, tablet or smartphone to record a message which is dispatched to our studios for broadcast.
If you belong to a local organisation the number of ways you can use the Voicebox are limitless:
- Tell us about your upcoming fete or jumble sale
- Do you need volunteers? Make your appeal via the Voicebox
- If a student wins an award, record a congratulatory message
- Celebrate your sporting success on the footy field, leave your results on the Voicebox
- Has someone come to your aid or helped you out? Use the Voicebox to say thank you
Important things to remember before recording…
The 5 Ws
- WHO? – Always start your message with your first name and your organisation
For example: “I’m George from the Haddenham Beer Festivals Trust…”
“I’m Mark from Thame Baseball Club…”
- WHAT? – What is your event or What is it you want to talk about? What are you raising money for?
- WHERE? – Where is your event taking place? or where did this happen?
- WHEN? – When is it taking place or when did it take place?
- WHY? – Why are you doing this? What is the aim of the event?
Other important points…
- If you’re promoting a forthcoming event, please try to give us at least two weeks’ notice. This will ensure that your recording gets plenty of plays. If it’s in less than four days’ time, you’re too late!
- If you’re appealing for help or need a response, please give at least one point of contact
- Email or website addresses are best
- If you leave a phone number please bear in mind it will be broadcast
- Give only a maximum of two contact points
- If you give a web address, you don’t need to give the www. At Red Kite Radio we promote our own website as redkiteradio.com NOT www.redkiteradio.com
To record your message click the Start recording button below.Start recording