National News from the BBC.
All links point to outside sites
- Boris Johnson calls Matt Hancock hopeless in texts revealed by Dominic Cummingson June 16, 2021 at 7:14 pm
No 10 says Boris Johnson has full confidence in the health secretary after Mr Cummings' latest attack.
- Power-sharing deal should be implemented - Johnsonon June 16, 2021 at 6:47 pm
The PM says NI wants a "mature executive" as Brandon Lewis meets parties over Irish language stand-off.
- MPs vote for a four week delay to England's lockdown easingon June 16, 2021 at 6:29 pm
Lockdown restrictions can stay in place until 19 July rather than 21 June, despite a Tory rebellion.
- Apology for forced adoption 'would heal' Scottish women's shameon June 16, 2021 at 5:58 pm
The Scottish government is urged to make a formal apology to 60,000 women forced to give up babies.
- Covid: Deaf campaigner takes legal action over No 10 briefingson June 16, 2021 at 5:33 pm
The government is accused of breaching the Equality Act by failing to provide sign language interpreters.
- Daniel Morgan: Cressida Dick denies institutional corruptionon June 16, 2021 at 5:33 pm
The Met Commissioner says she does not accept that the force is institutionally corrupt.
- Sajid Javid 'confident' in bid to end under-18 marriageson June 16, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Ex-chancellor Sajid Javid calls for under-18s to be protected, saying "child marriage is child abuse".
- Hancock on Cummings' claims about PM 'hopeless' descriptionon June 16, 2021 at 4:35 pm
As the health secretary heads to Parliament, he is asked about a phrase the PM is alleged to have used about him last year.
- Covid vaccine to be compulsory for England care home staffon June 16, 2021 at 4:24 pm
The health secretary says it is a "sensible and reasonable step” and could be extended to the NHS.
- Brexit: Can the UK and the EU reach a deal on Northern Ireland?on June 16, 2021 at 3:54 pm
How might the UK and EU compromise on the Northern Ireland protocol?