National News from the BBC.
All links point to outside sites
- MPs back England’s tougher coronavirus tier systemon December 1, 2020 at 7:42 pm
The restrictions will start at 00:01 GMT after MPs backed the plan by 291 votes to 78.
- MPs vote in favour of government's new tier restrictionson December 1, 2020 at 7:40 pm
The three-tier rules will come into force in England from 00:01 GMT on Wednesday.
- Puberty blockers: Under-16s 'unlikely' to be able to give informed consenton December 1, 2020 at 7:26 pm
Children younger than 16 are unlikely to be able to give informed consent, three judges rule.
- 'Thank you Gareth Thomas... you saved my life'on December 1, 2020 at 7:23 pm
After watching the former rugby player's documentary HIV and Me, Gilliyan decided to get tested for the virus.
- Covid: Brains to close more than 100 pubs due to Wales' alcohol ruleson December 1, 2020 at 7:15 pm
Most of its 1,500 staff will be put on furlough while the measures are in force, Brains says.
- Coronavirus: Covid-19 related death toll in NI passes 1,000on December 1, 2020 at 6:48 pm
A further 15 people have died after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Price of first class stamps to rise 9p to 85pon December 1, 2020 at 6:45 pm
The price rise will take effect on 1 January when the cost of a second class stamp will rise 1p to 66p.
- Debenhams set to close putting 12,000 jobs at riskon December 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm
The move comes after the failure of last-ditch efforts to rescue the ailing department store chain.
- Shoppers on Debenhams' demise: I'll miss iton December 1, 2020 at 6:28 pm
Shoppers in Leeds react to the news that the 242-year-old retailer will close.
- Queen and Prince Philip to celebrate Christmas 'quietly' at Windsoron December 1, 2020 at 6:10 pm
The monarch and the Duke of Edinburgh usually spend Christmas with other royals at Sandringham.