National News from the BBC.
All links point to outside sites
- Covid: Turning down Covid vaccine is selfish, says Michael Goveon July 27, 2021 at 3:38 pm
The Cabinet Office minister said those declining a jab could see themselves barred from events.
- Covid: UK Covid cases fall for seventh day in a rowon July 27, 2021 at 3:36 pm
Despite falling numbers, the PM is urging people to "remain cautious" and "not jump to conclusions".
- Amber warnings as heavy rain forecast across Scotlandon July 27, 2021 at 3:25 pm
The Met Office issues an amber warning for thunderstorms covering a large part of the country.
- Covid in Scotland: Nicola Sturgeon optimistic major restrictions will endon July 27, 2021 at 3:20 pm
The first minister is due to announce next week whether most remaining restrictions will be lifted on 9 August.
- Culture of cover-up saw hundreds of children abused in Lambeth, report findson July 27, 2021 at 3:19 pm
More than 700 children suffered cruelty and sexual abuse at care homes in south London, an inquiry finds.
- Contaminated-blood inquiry: Former Health Minister Clarke denies responsibilityon July 27, 2021 at 3:16 pm
Lord Clarke is the first senior health minister from the 1980s to testify on the NHS scandal.
- Pub beer garden crash man 'happy to be alive'on July 27, 2021 at 3:14 pm
Darren George, 30, remains in hospital after a car crashed into a pub beer garden.
- Covid: Bradford's Matthew Keenan dies despite changing mind on jabson July 27, 2021 at 3:10 pm
Matthew Keenan, 34, from Bradford, urged others to get vaccinated after his Covid diagnosis.
- Prince Philip: 'Surreal' letter from palace after royal portraiton July 27, 2021 at 2:45 pm
Honor sent a painting to the Queen after the prince's death and was surprised at the response.
- Long Covid: 'I don't feel 23 anymore, I feel so much older'on July 27, 2021 at 2:07 pm
Heather Campbell tested positive for the virus in November, six months after starting her nursing career.