Aylesbury was shut down on bank holiday Monday as a blaze engulfed Infernos tanning salon.
Three appliances and crews from Aylesbury, two from Thame and three officers attended.
Firefighters used two hose reels, four sets of breathing apparatus, two fans and a toolkit.
The ground floor was 20 per cent damaged by fire and the ground, first and second floors were 100 per cent damaged by smoke.
There was light smoke damage to neighbouring properties.
A man suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke was left in the care of South Central Ambulance Service.
Firefighters left the scene at 9.45pm and reinspected the building at 11pm.
Neighbouring properties also were damaged by the smoke emitted from the fire.
One man had to be treated for smoke inhalation by South Central Ambulance Service.