Radio is a fantastic medium for ambitious small and medium sized businesses that are looking to grow. Radio advertising is unskippable, unblockable, and unbeatable, helping businesses reach out to new customers to build awareness, boost response to websites and footfall to stores, and increase sales.
If you’re trying to understand how radio can help grow your business, the material contained in this section explains just how effective radio advertising can be and how you can get the most from the medium.
Whatever your objective, radio advertising can play an important role in growing your business.
Many small businesses use radio to drive immediate results, based on the medium’s core strengths:
- Radio delivers £7.70 revenue return on investment on average for every pound spent*
- Radio offers short lead-times and relatively low-cost production, making it ideal for promoting tactical advertising messages at short notice
- It is a highly cost-efficient medium – you buy more audience impressions for your money than with any other medium
- It can be efficiently targeted by programme-type; age, social grade, and gender as well as by time of day and day of week
- Radio delivers a larger audience than other media throughout the morning and is used by people to accompany tasks and activities across the day, making it easier for brands to reach people at relevant times and in relevant places.
Radio can also play a powerful role helping to build brands in the longer term.
Some business owners believe that brand-building is a luxury that has no impact on short-term success. However, wide-ranging advertising industry studies reveal that strongly branded businesses benefit from more effective, more efficient, and more profitable advertising across all time frames.
To be effective, brand building campaigns need to reach a wide audience, spark an emotional response, and create fame for the advertised business. With high levels of listening (two-thirds of adults tune in to commercial radio every week) radio is effective at delivering high reach for advertisers, and its main content – music – is inherently emotional.
For more information contact our sales team now.
* Source RadioCentre research